The First Christian Church is part of a movement that desires to be Christians and Christians only.  We are a non-denominational fellowship of Christians that began in East Prairie, Missouri, in the month of June 1883.  The church started with thirty members and erected its first building in 1889.  Because of much growth, the church needed more room and erected its second building, beginning with the basement of the present building, in 1932.  The new building was dedicated on September 26, 1948.  Since it's beginning the First Christian Church has had forty-six senior ministers grace the pulpit through the years, in addition to a few youth ministers. 

 

The church is here to serve the community of East Prairie and the surrounding area.